Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Round Top Madness

Vivian Avenue has hit the road not once, but TWICE in the past month in search of fabulous treasures to bring to North Texas.  My second trip was completely unexpected and last minute.  I hadn't even expected to shop, but ... what was I thinking?!

First question I've heard when discussing my adventures is, "What is Round Top?"  Well ... it's the biggest, most overwhelming flea market in the history of flea markets.  "Round Top" consists of sales in three small Texas towns stretching along a small country highway.  Twice a year, the towns of Marburger, Warrenton, and Round Top are filled with vendors.  The tiny town of Round Top, population 88, reaches numbers in the hundreds of thousands during the months of the sale.  Places to stay and eat are limited at best so a certain amount of preparation in is order when attending this event.

I have to admit, I never made it out of Warrenton.  There, I met and hustled ... uh, I mean bargained with a few choice vendors.  It was heaven on earth to this girl!  Here is a sampling of some of the finds:
 These are giant prints from a Menswear Catalog published in 1910.  I could NOT pass them by!!


This was the pile I found.  There was enough rust to make my mouth water.  I spied awesome stuff.  Do you?!

 I've also discovered my new love to collect -
"Mantiques"
Those goggles were tres chic!


Here is my final haul from that pile.
I just fell in love with the mailbox! 
Wouldn't it be cute to collect monthly bills in? 
At least it would make a mundane task look good!!

I can not wait until the Fall.  I will DEFINITELY be going back to Round Top.  Maybe this time as a vendor?  At least I'd have a trailer to haul back fabulous finds! ;)

If you see anything you can't live without or know of some item you'd like me to be on the hunt for, give me a shout!  After all, this hunt is no fun if I can't get great items into cool homes like yours!

                                            xoxoxoxo Glenda

No comments:

Post a Comment